Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lazy, lazy me

You know when the cartoonists go on vacation, and they re-run old cartoons? Well, I am double dipping. It took me almost an hour to write this for Facebook, so I'm publishing it here.

25 Random Things about Me

1. I live in a town with a population under 300. I love my small town and my small town life. I always wanted to either live in the middle of nowhere or in a big city (in other words be invisible and anonymous) but it's actually kinda cool living in the small town.

2. I love John Cougar Mellancamp and refuse to drop the Cougar. Scarecrow is one my top ten all time favorite songs.

2. Counting Crows is my favorite band.

3. I know that I'm 30, but I still have a pair of Chuck Taylor's and a pair of Doc Marten's and I will never live without either. I was a grunge baby and I stick by my love of Nirvana, flannel shirts, combat boots and ripped up jeans. That whole red hat society thing? When I'm old, I'll wear flannel!!

4. I love my girls and their most annoying traits are my favorite things about them. Brynna's stubborness, fierce independence and absolute refusal to learn the easy way are what make her sooo lovable. Maren doesn't really have annoying traits yet, except for the hour between 9 and 10 when she fusses for no reason, but I'm sure when she grows up, I'll feel the same way.

5. I have given up on new music. I am old enough to listen to the stuff I liked in high school and complain about how anything released in the last five years is crap. I only half believe that to be the truth, though, mostly I don't have the energy to find the good bands anymore.

6. I competed in forensics in high school and college and explaining that it has nothing to do with dead people is still one of my favorite passtimes.

7. I like hair bands. Both the 80's kind (a la Poison) and the kind you really put in your hair.

8. I have donated hair to Locks of Love 3 times. They are my favorite charity, I think. Each time, I went close to 2 years without a real haircut to grow it long enough.

9. I love TV, even though intelligent people aren't supposed to. My current favorite show is Supernatural, but my alltime favorite is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am obsessed with BtVS and still watch it on DVD whenever I have the house to myself.

10. I love books more than TV, but not that much more. I hate bestsellers as a rule, but I love reading almost anything else. Left to my own devices, I prefer to read SF and horror.

11. I have a small obsession with Charles Manson and the family. Not in a creepy, fan-girl kind of way, but in a how-could-that-happen kind of way. I've read most of the books and a good deal of the websites. I have also read all the newspaper articles I can find about the murders. What fascinates me most, though, is the creepy crawlers.

12. I love jewelry, but I don't wear it much. Mostly because I hate mornings.

13. I read A Wrinkle in Time at least once a year. It's my favorite kid's book of all time.

14. Van Gogh is my favorite painter. I like the impressionists.

15. My ears don't curl at the top. Like an elf. I like to think like Liv Tyler in Lord of the Rings rather than like Santa's elves, but whatever.

16. I've always wanted to wear glasses. When I was a kid I did everything my grandma told me would make me go blind (staring at the sun, reading in the dark, reading in the car, sitting too close to the TV). Grandma was wrong, I still have perfect vision.

17. My favorite number is 38. I don't know why.

18. My husband and I went on our first date when we were 14 and our second date when we were 20.

19. I love corderoy. I'll wear that with my flannel when I'm old.

20. Phineas and Ferb is my favorite new cartoon. My favorite cartoon from when I was a kid was the one where they did classic books acted out by the cat. I can't remember the name of it and all my friends don't remember and tell me I'm crazy. If you remember the show where the cat read the books and became the main character, email me. I also love Scooby Doo, but I can't claim it, because it's older than me.

21. I am older than my mom. She is 29 and I am 30. If anyone is interested in her actual age, I can't tell you, but I can tell you that she had me when she was 19.

22. I love puzzles, crossword, sudoku, etc. My favorite ones are the logic puzzles and I'm always mad that there are only 2 or 3 per puzzle book.

23. I get obsessed easily. I am currently obsessed with Twilight. I have also been obsessed with Harry Potter, Buffy, Serenity, Jericho. I could go on all day. The scary part is I never get over it. None of my obsessions ever really go away, I just accumulate. One day, I worry that I will run out of room in my brain for my obsessions and will start replacing important stuff (like how to tell time) with facts about all the actors in Buffy or different types of vampire myths.

24. I love What Not to Wear and I secretly hope that someone will nominate me. I really do need the help and I would absolutely die for Nick to do my hair.

25. I like to cook, but I love to cook for parties. I love to make appetizers and desserts, but not everyday, moderately healthy, dinner for 4 things.

No comments: