Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Mommy Decline

Everyone warned me that I would do less for the second child. That there would be fewer pictures, fewer videos, fewer mommy and me classes. I pretty much have responded to all of this that I wasn't so great with any of that the first time around, so I'm not sure that there will be a difference.

Mostly, I was right. I have about an equal number of pictures of them from the first three months. I have an equal number of videos (0) and I have never taken either of them to a mommy and me class.

Here's the difference: On my desk is an 8x10 silver frame. In it is always a picture of Brynna. I have changed it out with her most recent portrait every time there was a new one taken. (3 mos, 6 mos, 9 mos, 1 year, 18 mos, 2 years, etc.) Next to it is the only picture of Maren I have at work, her ultrasound picture. On my screensaver, I have about 700 snapshots of Brynna that I have faithfully loaded to my computer every month or so of her life. The only one of Maren, I pulled off of Facebook.

I got an email the other day telling me that Maren is 12 weeks old. I was surprised. That means that Monday is her three month birthday. I need pictures. I NEED pictures. Probably a frame without the name of a formula company printed on it would be a good move, too. (Also, poor child might be ready for a toy or two.)

So, this weekend, in between digging out Brynna's old toys, I intend to take Maren's 3 month portraits. If I don't post them by Monday, you all should start yelling at me. Seriously. Because I'll probably forget.

No comments: