Monday, May 23, 2011

Look at That - I'm Breathing

It's been a long week. What's that you say? It's Monday. Damn. It's been a long week anyway. Starting last week. Actually, starting the week before that.

Two Thursdays ago, I got sick. Very sick. Worrisome sick. Well, not really, but spent all day Friday and most of Saturday in bed sick. Then, I muddled through a week. I kept waiting to get better, but instead, I would develop one more symptom for every one that went away. At first I thought cold or flu, then I thought allergies, now I'm back to cold. But I just can't shake it.

I spent another weekend mostly in bed and today I wish I was there.

On the bright side, I'm breathing better today than I have since that fateful Thursday. The bad news is that my clogged ear induced deafness has began ringing. I hate a ringing in my ears almost worse than anything. It's also in my work phone ear. Don't pretend that you don't always use the same ear to answer the office phone. You do. I've no patience for that today.

Actually, I feel better than I have in quite a while, but I'm afraid to say that because I may be jinxing myself. Or perhaps I'm just being hypnotized by the ringing...

2 comments:

Suze said...

Oh that sucks!
Rest up as much as you can. I hope you get lots better soon!

Anonymous said...

I know its tough to stay in bed when you are responsible for so much, but getting rest is the only sure cure:)

Rita